ENG 202: Technical Communication
This course introduces students to the rhetorical practices of technical communication as they are employed generally across a range of scientific and technical fields and professions including technical reporting, online documentation, and visual and oral presentations. Course Prerequisites: ENG 101: Writing 1, ENG 105: Writing and Rhetoric, or credit for the Communication Literary 1 requirement. (3 credits)
Having completed ENG 202, students will be able to:
- Compose in academic, professional, and/or workplace genres related to a field of study.
- Apply writing processes common to that field.
- Compose and deliver a professional presentation.
- Describe the conventions of genres within a field.
- Make effective disciplinary and professional arguments.
- slide:ology: the art and science of creating great presentations Nancy Duarte
- team writing: a guide to working in groups Johanna Wolfe
- online materials at https://www.pinterest.com/digitaldigs/prof-tech-writing-class/